We are home from another visit to our home in Hoover! I had to go down on Tuesday to meet our gas man to hook up our gas! We have not had hot water until he came out and I was dyin to get in th gearden tub and strech out! The tub here at the apartment is super tiny and not near as comfortable as a big one! So after the man from the gas company did all of his stuff, me, Caroline and Emma headed out to look around and show Caroline some of the things close by in Hoover! We drove out to Hoover High and took pis fo the field hous and
We did some furniture shopping while we were in Birmingham! We got rid of our bedroom suit when had our stuff moved to Birmingham so my bedroom in Hoover has the mattress and box springs sitting on the floor with boxes and rubbermaids full of all of our clothes and bedroom decor sitting in the floor. I can't even unpack the bedroom because there is nowhere to put all the clothes. I was almost to the point of going and buying those darn plastic containers that have the see through drawers on it, just so that when we went down to spend the night, I did not have to dig through 4 boxes just to find pajamas or a tshirt when I needed it!
So today after we got done with breakfast and a few other thing around the house, we set out furniture shopping! We went all over Birmingham to 6 or 7 different furniture stores before finding a bedroom set we agreed on! ;0) Now of course in the meantime, we found a living room set for my formal living room. I have never had a formal living room before, (well I have at our old house, but I turned it into a study after a few months) So now that we have a study upstairs and a formal living room visible when you open the front door, I thought it wouldnt hurt to be on the lookout for a new living room set! Now mind you, I NEEDED a new bedroom set worse than anything, but yes I looked around at living room sets as well, just to get an idea of what I wanted! ;0) By the time we hit the 3rd furniture store, I turned a corner and I saw IT! It was a deep chocolate CHENILLE (:0) ) couch and loveseat with blue and brown accent pillows! :0) Most of you that know me, know that blue and brown is one of my absolute FAVORITE color combinations! So of course that was the end of the living room search right then and there. Now keep in mind, I still have NO bedroom furniture and that was supposed to be what we were shopping for, but you that know me well, all know I have a problem staying with the task at hand! ;0) Here is a picture of my new living room set! I can't wait for when its delivered so I can see how it all looks!
I forgot to take pictures of the bedroom set because by that time, we were only interested in paying and getting the heck out of there! I don't usually get tired from shopping but I think all the different choices and different things to consider when furniture shopping is very exhausting! lol! I honestly can't remember alot of the details of the bedroom suit just because by that time, we had seen so many, they were running together in my head! :0)
We finally headed home around 6:30 and got back to Huntsville a little after 8. I can tell you that the ride can get exhausting and I will be so glad when we get to spend more than 1 night in the house before getting up and coming back to Huntsville! UGH!
THats about all for now.. We have Brooke's party this weekend, so I am sure I will have more to post soon!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Furniture shopping!
Posted by ~*Mistee*~ at 11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
I love your new furniture. It is beautiful! That coffee table is the same one I have for my den! ;o)
Tell your sweet Girl we said Happy Birthday and We love her!
Post a Comment