Well, we left this morning on our way to look at a house that Steve found in Hoover. We got in the car, set my new GPS system to take us to the house and turned on movies for the girls and we were off. The drive down was smooth, with the girls watching the Eloise movie, I got them this weekend. :) That TV in the back of my truck is wonderful, let me tell you!
We got to Hoover and found the house with no trouble. I really think GPS will come in handy for me since I am always on the go somewhere and in a new town, I am going to need it! :)
We met with the owners of the house, Steve had talked to the man a couple of times and emailed back and forth alot, but this was the 1st time, we had met. They were really nice and took us all through the house and then left us alone in the house to look around some more. The house is in a subdivision in Hoover that is about 1 mile from the Galleria. :0) It is right off the interstate but you never hear the 1st car! It also sits in a cul-de-sac which has been a dream of ours for a long time. It will be nice to be able to let the kids ride thier bikes without the worry of a speeding car going down the street. We looked around the inside of the house and fell in love with it. It has the laundry room UPSTAIRS which is a HUGE plus for us. :) It is such a pain to carry laundry for all of us up stairs to all the bedrooms so this was a blessing to me. ;) It has 4 bedrooms (like our house we have now) and a good size yard. It also has a stream that runs in front of the house with a wooden bridge to walk over to get to the flower garden. :) It will be a GREAT place to take pictures right in my front yard. When we were standing outside today looking in the flower garden, Steve and I noticed a cross in the garden and asked the people who put it there. They said that the man that came and built the bridge for them, asked them if they minded if he made them a cross for thier house. :) He then carved a cross with a chainsaw and placed it near the flower garden. It stands about 1 1/2 feet tall but it definitly stands out. :) We loved it!!!
The people then asked if they could take us around Hoover and show us the schools and rec center in the area. We are maybe 2/10 of a mile from the Hoover rec center and about 1 mile from the school. The high school that is was zoned for was the high school from the Two-a-days show on MTV, but they have since rezoned it.
We feel very good about the people we met today and we have asked them to send us a lease to look over and since time is of the essence, we figure we will talk and pray about it more tonight but we believe we have found our house. :) I took lots of pics today of the inside and out and I wanted to put them on here for you all to see. :)
I am exhausted now from being in the car all day, funny how that wears you out huh?
Sunday, June 1, 2008
the new house
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comments:
Oh my wordness (yes that's a new word) I love your new house. The river running in the front scares me but that's cause I have a small one. The color's are wonderful and I love a culdisack!
Post a Comment