Wednesday, December 3, 2008

While I'm waiting



Isaiah 30:18
18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

I have played this song over and over this morning. There is a peace in the lyrics......

How many of us truly do these things while we are waiting on God to bring calm to our storm? Not many..not even me most of the time. The Devil may take a valuable thing from me, but what he will not get is MY soul. I will not give him the satisfaction of thinking he has broken me. I am not broken. He might think I am but he does not have that control over me. I don't know what my family's future holds but I do know that while I am waiting to find out, I will serve him and worship him with a passion like no other before.

While I'm waiting - John Waller


I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painfu
lBut patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

9 comments:

-stephanie- said...

I pray He comforts you, while you wait on Him.
satan never wins if you have God.

~Laura~ said...

love this song! It's one of my FAVS right now! Thanks for posting it! Hope you guys are doing well!
~Laura

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I will continue to pray that our Heavenly Father guides you in all of your ways.

Blessings,

Elaine

jennykate77 said...

That is a really great song. I'm praying that God quiets the storm in your life and brings you the peace that you need. ♥Much love♥

Ashley said...

i love this song. frank and I got to hear it before it was released. john sent us a copy of it and blessed before they were released (john used to play in According to John before they/he was really big. he would come to all of our youth camps and play when frank and i would chaperone them!) and then fell in love with it more in FIREPROOF.
i know that this song is in reference to what you are going through and i am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I remember listening to "Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns while on my knees in the garage! Cling tightly to Him!

melissa said...

thinking about you...huggs

melissa

Khadra said...

where are you Mistee? Come back!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great reminder during this holiday season!