So last night was our date night with church! We all met at the Rave movie theater in Hoover and watched the movie Fireproof with Kirk Cameron. It was written and produced by the same church that made Facing the Giants! We loved that movie and this one as well was wonderful! It came at a great time for me and Steve. We had just recently had an argument about how work was taking up so much of his time and we felt neglected here at home. :0( This movie hit home with us. I encourage all of you to go see the movie and "fireproof" your marriage. :)
After the movie, all 12 of us headed to the Summit to eat at the famous Cheesecake Factory! Every one's food was wonderful except mine, lol!! It was not terrible, but not what I was expecting! Of course, once it came time to order dessert, we told the waitress it was the pastor's 21st birthday so they would sing to him. She knew we were fibbing, but she played along! After everyone, took time to figure out what kind of cheesecake they wanted and let me tell you, that in itself is a chore! We all waited on dessert and talked about the movie and other shows we watch at home. There were some Grey's fans at the table so I was so excited to hear some hints about Thursday nights show. It is STILL recorded on my DVR and I have yet to watch it due to not having the time! So, they were happy to give me some hints here and there, just enough to keep from spoiling it! :) We finally get our cheesecake and they bring Greg's out (also known as Pastor Greg) with sprinkles and a candle. They sing him a song and I got a picture of him as he was blowing out his candle! We absolutely love Pastor Greg and we are so thankful he is in our work family and sometimes church family! His wife Wendy is precious and we just can't say enough about this Jesus loving family! :)
The second picture is Steve's cheesecake! He ordered the 30th anniversary cheesecake and they had sprinkled a chocolate powder 30th on the side of his plate. How neat is that? They go all out for an $8 piece of cheesecake! ;0)

After dinner we headed to pick Emma up from the sitter. She was sound asleep so we came home and put her to bed and of course we crawled in bed ourselves! It is hard on this old girl to stay out so late. I used to do it no problem, even make midnight trips to Wal-Mart or Taco Bell if I had a late night craving, but not anymore!
Today I am cleaning my house, it has really been neglected in the past week, so it needs to be done today so I can start next week with a clean house! :) We are planning on going to see some friends in Huntsville tonight and won't be back till tomorrow so that means packing up the family and the dogs and heading out! I still have lots to due, the girls switched bedrooms so it has been a day of switching out furniture and toys to the opposite rooms and I am still not done. Brooke is gone to her dad's this weekend so when she comes home, she will be in for a surprise! That is if I get it done in time!! ;0)
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Date Night
Posted by ~*Mistee*~ at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment