Thursday, September 11, 2008

an UPDATE :)

Sooooooooo.. I thought I would update here with some of the happenings since we moved to Birmingham!! So many little things have went on and it is hard to always to blog about all of it with how busy we stay here! I am not sure that this post will be in chronological order! lol! We have been here 6 weeks and like I said so many things have happened, I forget the order in the events. :)

On to it then, The girls are loving thier school. Brooke was picked for Broadcast the 1st 4 weeks of school. Broadcast is a morning "show" they do every morning with the weather, interviews with other students, and upcoming events. The entire school watches broadcast every morning, so Emma was really excited to see her sister and be able to tell all her friends. :) Brooke was also intervied with along with another student, (1 new and 1 veteran student) as to how they liked Green Valley. It was published in the 5th grades newspaper. :) Most everyone knows how much she is like her momma and will talk to anyone and loves everyone without judgement. I am so happy she has picked up on that! :) (Emma on the other hand is another story, haha) Brooke has already had a sleepover in the first month we were here! It started out with some girls from school coming over to watch Cheetah Girls and ended up with everyone having the best time with makeup, making up dance routines and of course all the pizza and popcorn they could eat. We all had a good time and I was happy to see them settling in with thier new friends. :)

Emma is doing really well too. She likes her teacher and has certain friends that she comes home and talks about every day! :) She takes a snack and a water bottle to school every day and here lately, that water bottle has been giving us FITS! LOL! I called it the WATER BOTTLE WAR! To give you some insight, Emma is one of the most clumsy children I know. She spills things on almost a daily basis and just has that sort of luck! Well, for a week straight she had her water bottle taken away EVERY day because she spilt it, or dropped it whatever. I know this causes a distraction to the class and I know she has to be more careful, but it's water folks! Cmon! lol! We finally found her a spill proof water bottle (which was NO easy task, let me tell you! They all look like sippy's if they are spill proof) So we are hoping for better days with our new WATER BOTTLE! :) Other than that, she has not had a single problem, she loves her school and friends and HATES to miss. I checked them both out a couple of weeks ago just as a treat. They had less than an hour left of school and I thought why not? Plus, I had groceries in the car, so I did not want our ice cream to melt why I waited on car rider! So YES, I did have an alterior motive, but they did not know that! Well, when they both get to the office, Brooke is so dang excited, she can hardly stand it and Emma is crying, YES CRYING! "But I wanted to stay at school" she wailed for an hour! Note to self, no more check-outs unless its an emergency! lol!!

We have met all of the neighbors that live in our cul-de-sac, which is nice. :) To our left, is an older couple that we LOVE so much! Jim is retired and piddles around in thier immaculate yard all day and Flo works for her daughter who is an attorney here in downtown Birmingham. They always talk to the girls when they are out and if they are outside when we get home from school, Brooke and Emma are always going ove to see what kind of things Jim is doing in the yard. We went over to take them something the other day and before I knew it, Brooke and Jim were watching something on TV, and Flo and Emma were sitting in the recliner reading a book together! I have made mention that my girls don't really have grandparents. Brooke does and they see her when they can but its hard since they live so far away! Flo told us right then that they could be thier grandparents and would they do love on them like they are!! They have grandchildren of thier own, but mostly boys so this is right up thier alley! :)

A few weeks after we moved in, we noticed water leaking out of our hot water heater! I called the owner of the house and told him and he told me, that the hot water heater had probably busted and I could either go ahead and take care of it and take it off our rent or he would do it, what ever was easiest! We decided to go to Home Depot and buy the water heater and have them install it. They come out the next day and install the new water heater only to find out the "pressure regulator" is bad as well and they can't finish installing the water heater until that is replaced!!! oh and guess what, they don't keep the regulators on the truck so you know what that means!!!! It will be monday before you have water again!!! UGH!!!!!!!!! We went for a day and a half with NO WATER! You never know how much you need water until you don't have any! It's rough! I cooked with bottled water and we made do, but it is not something I went through with a positive attitude. I was quite cranky that weekend! lol

So the dealership is up and running and it is so awesome to see the place coming together! :) WoW is all I can say! I feel like we have such an awesome team in place and though it does not have the familiar faces that we LOVE in Huntsville, these people will become our family too and I am so excited!! :) I usually go in a couple of days a week and Steve and I go to lunch or do whatever! It is nice for him to have more freedom! :) He is home every night for supper and that is something that in almost 9 years we have not had! I know this is just the beginning and so I am so ready to see where we are in just a few months. We have shot our first couple of commercials. The 1st one started on my birthday! :) They were only open a little over a week in August and they outsold the other Kia store thats about 25 miles away in that little bit of time. :) The new commercial that was shot this week was alot of fun. I have fallen in love with Abby and really all the people from the Auto Ad company that does the commercials. They are a great group of people!! I love to be able to see them every month and be there when they all act so crazy for these commercials! As good as it is on TV, they are even better in the making! :) I only wish all of our family and friends back home could see Steve on TV and hear him on the radio! What can I say, I am sooooooooo proud of my hubby! :0) Here are some pics from the commercial we did this week..

Heading outside to start shooting..


Everyone ready to go!


My hubby getting ready to do his part!


Steve and Abby doing the intro and exit to the commercial.. Do you see Lilly? ;0)


Thats really about all right now! Emma has a loose tooth and Brooke is coming off of a yucky ear infection and cold. I am hoping Emma's tooth wiggles on out soon because eating is hard for her right now! :(

I hope everyone is having a great week and love you all!! :0)

PS: Thanks for all the emails about my plant. It was elephant ears but it had to go since I caught Lilly chewing on its leaves the other day! It has a new home in the showroom at the dealership! ;0) I knew I would win! :0)

0 comments: