Monday, September 8, 2008

Icky weekend!

Soooo..this weekend was kinda low-key for us. Friday night, we stayed home and watched TV and the girls played in thier CLEAN rooms. (I spent ALL day cleaning them and I am just waiting to see how long that will last) They also caught up on some reading since they have books coming out there ears that need to be read and then gave away.

Saturday morning, we got up and spent some time with Steve before he headed into work. It is so nice for him to be able to sleep in with us on Sat mornings. :) We started to go eat breakfast, but no one wanted to have to wait on Mom to shower and get ready so we did breakfast here instead. :)

After breakfast and getting Steve off to work, we all got showers and decided to go to the McWane center here in downtown Bham. It is kinda like Sci-Quest back home, except alot bigger and there is even an aquarium in the same musuem. :) They also have an IMAX dome to watch movies! We found the movie we wanted to see and started getting ready to go. About that time, Brooke comes in and says she doesn't feel good and she is shivering. I know right then that something is not right. I did not have anything to take her temp so I felt her head and she felt fine. I told her we would check it later and just to let me know if she started feeling worse. She perked up after a little while and off we went. We watched "Fly to the moon" at the IMAX which was really cute, but NOTE to self, next time, get there early so you don't have to sit at the bottom of the theater. The seats at the top are MUCH better but we go there just a few minutes before the show started and all the good seats were taken.. :( We watched the movie & ate good movie popcorn :), then we were off to see the musuem. The girls had alot of fun and I was sure whatever was wrong with Brooke was long gone. After an hour or so in the museum, Brooke got this look on her face and I knew we had not escaped the SICKNESS!! :( We finished up in the area we were in and let Emma to ONE last thing and we headed for the car. We got in the car and Brooke looked terrible. I stopped at Rite-Aid and got a thermometer and took her temp as soon as we got home. 102 DEGREES!!! UGH!! I gave her some motrin and send her to bed. I then had to call our good friends in Huntsville and tell them we would not be able to make it to thier house that night! :( We were all bummed but you know stuff happens and thats just life! Brooke layed around the rest of the day Saturday and slept that night the whole way through!

Sunday morning, we thought it was all over, she seemed to feel better so we were excited. Steve and I cleaned out the garage and put all of our extra JUNK in the storage building behind the house. It was alot of work, but it is sooo nice to have somewhere to put your stuff that is normally taking up all my room in the garage! After that, we came in and all had showers then we decided to go to a flea market! We drove to one in Bessemer and realized it was not what we were looking for. :( Then we set off for one in Leeds,which is on the way to Gadsten. It was not what I was looking for either, but we made do! I am ready for a craft show or something to come to Bham. I went to my first one this year and I LOVE them!! That is the kinda things I LOVE about flea markets and of course being able to talk to some of the vendors who are usually the sweetest people you will EVER meet!

After traveling all over looking for flea markets, we stopped and got dinner and headed home. After a little while at home, i checked Brooke's temp again and what do you know?? 101!!! GEEZ!!! I gave her something for her fever and tucked her in bed. I knew then, that whatever this was, she had to see a dr because she was going to have to miss school with it!

We have an appt today so maybe we will know soon what she has and when it will start getting better!!

0 comments: