Tuesday, January 6, 2009

*Update*

Whew, it has been so long since i did a REAL update. Most of you know that life around here has been yucky. :0( I happen to be going through the same things I went through this time last year. This is definitely not where I saw my life 6 months ago but I was blindsided the first time as well. I am moving on and each day is getting better. Still not sure what the end result will be when I am done healing or where we will be but I am professing drastic change in my life and only good things in 2009. The Lord is preparing me for something big in my future and I am going to embrace each and every obstacle. I have to remind myself to do this on an almost daily basis. Its really hard to sometimes remember the sun when all you have seen is rain for so long, but it has peeked its face from time to time and I know there is more to come. ;0)

Enough about all that, On another note, I have decided to go back to work. I know I can hear each of you gasping. You are not alone, I gasped as well, when the idea first came out. It seems everyone, (kids, husband even dog) are all ok with me going back to work. This mom needs to do some things for herself and know that I can contribute! I am super excited and ready to meet more people in this BIG city!

Speaking of BIG city, I have lost misplaced my portable GPS system for my car. :0( Thank gosh we have been here for a few months and most places I need to go, I know where they are. The bad thing is when I don't know where I am going and I get lost! (Which happened today, when I was looking for the wondermous local Super Suppers in our neighborhood. That place is a an entire post in itself, go check out their website and let me know if any of you use a service like this, I just bought a few entrees today to test it out!

Not much else really going on here, the girls started back to school this morning and what a blessing that was. ;0) Christmas break was longer than usual or so it seemed to me. ;0)

Our wonderful children's pastors were in church on Sunday. Yes, she was there, shot on a Thursday morning and in church by Sunday! What a blessing! :0) It was so wonderful to see her and to hear her stories. She talked about cursing the devil and forgiving the shooter before they ever even loaded her into the ambulance. She said that some of the nurses in the hospital were telling her she was crazy for forgiving who did this to her so quickly, her answer to them was that there was no way any grudge was going to interfere with her prayers. :0) She is such a woman of God and it was wonderful to hear her account of fighting with the devil and Monica winning. :0)~

I also have to say that we are so blessed to have such a wonderful pastor and church family. I have said before how much they have blessed MY family and they are so giving of their time and kind words. I can't imagine my life without the Davis family and I am so happy to have found our church home. Yes, I know, this is a shameless plug for Chelsea Community church and if any of you are ever in this area and want to come to a place that is full of Jesus in every aspect, stop on by. :0)

So, anywho, I think that's all my update, its doesn't say much, because we have not been up to a whole lot around this house, just relaxing and trying to get ready for a new year. Here is a few pics that I had on my camera. I have STILL not even LOOKED at our Christmas pics from this year. My camera is still in the chair by the tree where I sat it once the gifts were opened. I hope to have them up soon. Enjoy the pics!


Can you tell I'm a Bama fan with my 3 same only different color shirts!?!?!? :0)


Lilly laying on the laptop. Spoiled!




Our float in the Christmas parade. That's Emma cheesing for the camera!







6 comments:

Cass said...

I am so sorry I missed this post somehow! I am so sorry that you have been having a hard time! I am around if you need to send someone a venting email!

Brooke said...

Best wishes with going back to work. Sounds like you have a great support system for the transition back.

jennykate77 said...

I'm so glad to hear an update from you!! I'm believing with you that 2009 is going to be a year of good things! God has definitely got something good in store for you! I'm laughing at the 3 Bama shirts in different colors. I can totally relate...I have several OU shirts that are the same only different☺ That's is a miraculous story about your children's minister! Praise God that she's back at church!! Your little Lily is sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing☺

Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Praying for all of your big decisions.

Beth E. said...

I'm glad to hear that your youth pastor is okay!

Congratulations on your decision to go back to work! Do you have interviews set up, yet?

Khadra said...

I hope this is a better year for you. I love your pictures!