I was sitting in my car this afternoon waiting on the girls to get out of school, when I heard a song on the radio, it was a song I had heard 1000 times before, but I had always thought of it as a love song. I really liked the song, but I don't think I ever really listened to it like I did today.. I came straight home and dug out my IPOD, after finding the song and sitting in the floor and really listening to the words like I have never listened before.. It hit me like a train going full speed, it was a love song, just not the kind I was thinking of! It was a love song from our Father... :0) I am not sure if that is what Sugarland had in mind when they recorded this song, but thats what I got out of it! :) The video below was the only one I could find with the song on it, so here are the lyrics and video below.
When the weight of the world
Breaks down so strong it
Leaves footprints on the street
And there's too many miles to face
Without a few more hours sleep
The storm clouds overhead won't she'd
Any rain to quench your thirst
I wanna be the one you reach for first
When your faith is stretched so thin
That you can see right through your soul
And you can't find a nickel to buy a smile cuz all ur pockets all got holes
You wanna shut the door and
Hide before the day can get much worse
I wanna be the one you reach for first
Fall into me
My arms are opened wide
And you don't have to say a word
Cuz I already see
That it's hard
And you're scared
And you're tired
And it hurts
And I wanna be the one you reach for first
I wanna be the bottle you've been drinkin with your eyes
Or the road you run away on
You've been runnin all your life
The third row pew that you last knew
As a child in church
I wanna be the one you reach for first
Fall into me
My arms are opened wide
And you don't have to say a word
Cuz I already see
That it's hard
And you're scared
And you're tired
And it hurts
And I wanna be the one you reach for first
Before you turn the key
Before you fall asleep
Before you drift away
To find some demons waiting for you
In your dreams
Before your arms stretched wide open
Before you're reaching for the sky
Before you're searching for direction
And all the answers till you fall
Fall into me
My arms are stretched opened wide
You don't have to say a word
Cuz I already see
That it's hard
And your scared
And your tired
And it hurts
And I wanna be the one you reach for first
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Fall into me....
Posted by ~*Mistee*~ at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
You've been Booo-ed! Hop on over to my blog and get more information! Boooooooooo!
That is a great song! I've never thought of it in that way before...thanks for the insight.
Post a Comment