Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Farm fun and celebrity sightings!

This past weekend we came to Huntsville to visit some great friends of ours! We came up on Saturday night and had dinner, then after that, we all watched Bama stomp Georgia :0) and watched the kids play! We had a great time Saturday night visiting with them and talking to the wee hours of the morning! :0) Sunday morning we got up and headed to Ardmore to their farm. The kids rode 4-wheelers and horses and played around the creek. Steve and Larry rode 4-wheelers and horses too, (YES, you read correctly, Steve was on a horse!) He rode for about 5 minutes and he was OFF! ;0) I have a city boy and I know it! lol! Carrie and I hung out in the house and sat outside and watched the kids play! It was nice to have just some time to chat in person! ;0) Here are some pics of the kids from this weekend!

Ethan, Emma and the dogs on the way to the farm


Caleigh knocked out with Lilly in her lap


Emma and Ethan



Caleigh, Emma and Ethan checking out the horses


Caleigh, Carrie, Emma and Ethan riding the 4-wheeler!


Miss Caleigh Brooke :0)


Getting ready to ride the horse with Mr. Robby


On to my celebrity sighting, ;0) My friend Carrie had a new perfume this weekend that I absolutely LOVED and wanted some as soon as I saw it! I had a store credit at Saks so I thought, why not? I usually lose those or gift cards before I use them so I decided to go ahead and go when I got back to Bham. Monday morning, I walk into Sak's and I am looking around and all the stuff before I go to the fragrance counter. I did not see the perfume anywhere so I started looking for a sales associate. I finally see some ladies up by the makeup but they all had customers and there was 2 associates helping one couple. i decided to walk over to the counter where the 2 associates are helping the one couple, I think, what the heck, one will notice me and help me find my perfume. When I walked up, one of the ladies asked if she could help me and I told her what I was looking for, she then said she had to go see if they had any left and I stood there waiting. I look over and lo and behold, the COUPLE that the 2 associates were HELPING was SARA EVANS and her hubby JAY BARKER!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can honestly say i had no idea who he was! I thought for sure i recognized her but I wanted to be sure so when the lady came back with the perfume, i asked very discreetly, "Is that who I think it is?" She smiled politely and said "Yes maam, I believe it is!" I kept my cool, not wanting Sak's to throw me out for making a big deal and we proceeded to check out at the same register that she was at. I patiently waited my turn and when they turned around to leave, I said "Are you who I think you are?" and she just smiled and nodded her head, I then blurted out "Hi, how are you?" UGH!!!!! How lame was that????????????????? She smiled and said "Fine, how are you?" Of course, I mumbled something and before I knew it, they were gone!!!!!!!! OMG, can you believe that?? I am still in awe and it has been 2 days!! I keep wondering what I could have done different but you always read how they want their privacy and you don't know how they will react. I also did not want to act all crazy in front of the people in Sak's, when I will have to go back in there~ lol! I think if I had it to do different, I would have just tried to talk a little more, instead of act like I was used to seeing people like that wherever I went. Oh well, what can you do?

The rest of this weekend, is VERY busy for us. I have the Southern Women's show at the BJCC tomorrow and the special guests are Jon and Kate from TLC's Jon & Kate plus 8. :0) Then tomorrow night we have dance for Brooke. Friday night is the Brad Paisley concert. Saturday we have tickets to see Alabama play Kentucky @ Tuscaloosa and then after the game, we are heading to Talledega for the race. You talk about a busy weekend!!!

1 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Aloha Mistee,

Thanks for the blog visit and your kind words :) - I'm glad you found me and I found you :)

isn't blogging so much fun?