Well, it is raining and pouring at that, but there is no OLD man snoring. I would never call my husband old (though he is 7 years OLDER than me) :) Steve is sleeping in this morning. He is physically worn out. I haven't blogged about this, but we found out last week that he has Diabetes and a serious case at that. :( He has to do the whole prick your finger before every meal and the meds as well. Diabetes runs in his family so he has thought for some time, that he too, one day would join in on the fun. (sarcastically said). He has had 4 dr. appts so far and scheduled for another 5, I think this month. They are also looking at some other issues, he is having that are not related to the Diabetes. He has been poked and prodded more than I could imagine and he still has more to go just in this month. :0(
I let him sleep in this morning. I took the girls to school and they informed me in the car rider line, that they would be getting out at 1:00. I get all kinds of important schools news and info in the car rider line. Never at home, when I actually can write things down, or actually prepare. lol! So, i came home and sure enough, they will be dismissing at 1 pm, for a teacher/conference day. With that confirmed, I have to go into overdrive. We have to be at the furniture store, AGAIN this morning, and for those of you that have not heard all the drama with that can read here. We noticed that more of the NEW furniture was damaged and so they were supposed to be bringing a new dresser and mirror yesterday, only to not come in the 1-5pm window they told us, and to call at 6:10pm and demand to know when someone would be home to let the delivery people in. I was across town at Emma's dance, Steve was at ULTA getting Brooke a haircut (She got a pencil stuck in her hair yesterday at school and we had to let a professional get it out!) Yeah, I know, don't ask! lol! So, they were an hour later than thier "window" AND no one gave us the 1hour call ahead to tell us someone would be there within an hour with our furniture. I told the lady at the warehouse, that the men BETTER stay put, my husband would be there within 10 min and she said ok. Well, Steve pulls into the driveway, after leaving the Salon without them being able to even dry Brooke's hair, it was just cut and go. He gets home and they are GONE! GONE!!!!! This is also after the lady tells me that they can wait 15 min. UUGGHH!! So he proceeds to call the STORE itself and tell them that we are DONE dealing with them. They have been out here 5 times, and something has been broken EVERY time and the last time, they let my 300 pound chest slip out of their hands and slide ALL THE WAY DOWN our staircase and put a HOLE in our wall. Yes, sheetrock has to be replaced and all. Oh my goodness, I am beyond OVER it! So, we are going in today, to see what they plan to do to remedy the situation. UGH!!
Pray that my husband does not lose all patience as we go in to get a resolution. I can be just as tiffy but not in a real ugly way. Usually mine is more humorous and people do what I ask of them because they are laughing at how mad I am trying to be, but I don't have a very good "mean" attitude. Unless, I am dealing with my kids and they never think I am funny when they are in trouble. lol!
Ok, we are off, to go do errands in the rain....... 
Friday, October 17, 2008
It's raining, it's pouring, The old man is snoring...
Posted by ~*Mistee*~ at 6:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Sorry for all the crazyness with the furniture store...I think I would demand payment for the repair and refund on the furniture...and take my business elsewhere! Sounds to me like they need new employees! Hope DH doesn't go-off on them :) I'll keep him in my prayers regarding the health issues. Diabetes is a serious thing. My FIL has diabetes and doesn't seem to take dr's orders. He just continues to do as he pleases. Not good.
Well, hope the weekend is good!
Thank you so much girl for the congrats on our baby girl. We're over the moon in love with her already.
That is so sweet of your girls. Tell them thank you so much for praying for our sweet girl. She's been sick so pray protection over her as well. Yes, pray she's home soon. I need her in my arms. :)
Wanted to say "Hi!" how are you and are you going to join in on the "Not Me!Mondays?" from MckMama's blog, it's fun.
take care!
CountryMom
Post a Comment